There are many myths and legends about birthstones and where the idea originated. Many believe these gemstones have healing powers and therapeutic influences, and wearing a gemstone during its assigned month truly heightens its healing powers. In 1912, the National Association of Jewelers established the modern list of monthly birthstones, including important information about these beautiful gems, and has updated it over the years.
David Tishbi can assist you with choosing or designing the perfect piece of jewelry with your birthstone or that of a loved one. Whether you are searching for yourself or looking to find the perfect gift for someone, birthstone jewelry has a big impact on the person who wears the piece. It is a thoughtful, unique, and sentimental gift that Tishbi’s customers fall in love with time and time again.
Some customers inherit jewelry with birthstones but find the design is outdated. Have no fear, Tishbi can repurpose and redesign any jewelry to create a new custom, handcrafted piece that fits the customer’s design aesthetic and style. Click here to learn more about repurposing old jewelry.
– – – – – – – – –
NOVEMBER’S BIRTHSTONES: TOPAZ & CITRINE
If your birthday falls in November, you are lucky enough to choose between two birthstones – Topaz and Citrine. These two gemstones can look very similar and are often mistaken for each other, even though they are unrelated minerals. Abundant and affordably priced, both Topaz and Citrine gemstones can fit nicely into any budget.
COLORS, PROPERTIES, & FEATURES
• The Topaz measures an 8 on the Mohs’ Scale, which makes it a very hard and durable stone. Though it is traditionally found in hues of orange and yellow, it is available in many vibrant colors of the whole rainbow, including colorless, which can be used in many beautiful jewelry settings. Pale blue Topaz tends to be among the most popular color choice for Topaz, and the pink, peach, and orange Topaz stones are the most rare and most valuable varieties.
• Citrine, which has a hardness of 7 on the Mohs’ scale, is durable quartz that ranges in color from pale yellow to brownish-orange. This gemstone’s yellow color is caused by traces of iron in the quartz crystals.
• Throughout history, the Topaz has been associated with health, love, and affection. The stone is known for its calming energies; for diffusing tempers, curing anger, and eliminating nightmares.
• Citrine is known for its soothing qualities, and is sometimes referred to as “The Merchant Stone,” for its tendency to bring prosperity and wealth to the wearer. With its shining, brilliant colors, it has been associated with a healthy mind and a healthy body.
• 14 Karat Gold Citrine Stud Earrings